According to Section 1118 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and the Title I, Part A Parental Involvement Non-Regulatory Guidance,
“Each school served under Title I, Part A must convene an annual meeting, at a time convenient for parents to inform them of their school’s participation in Title I, Part A programs, and to explain the Title I, Part A requirements and right of parents to be involved in those programs.”
Lake Erie International High School would like to host a Spring Title I Forum on October 8, 2019 at 5:00 pm, at Lake Erie International High School located at 11650 Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio.
At this meeting we will explain the Title I program and how parents can be involved. We will further address the following issues:
• Explain school-wide and targeted assistance programs.
• Explain the requirements of a school-wide and targeted assistance programs.
• Explain what participation in Title I means for the school and include:
- A description and explanation of the school’s curriculum.
- Information on the forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress.
- Information on the proficiency levels students are expected to meet.
• Explain the school Parental Involvement Policy, and the school School-Parent Compact.
• Explain the rights of parents to be involved in the school’s programs and provide ways to do so.
• Explain that parents have the right to request opportunities for regular meetings for parents to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions about the education of their children.
All parents are invited to attend and participate in this meeting to learn more about Title I program at Lake Erie International High School. Should this time not be convenient for you, please contact the office at 216-539-7229 to schedule a different time or day to participate. We look forward to meeting with you and hope you can attend.